In the last decade, advanced surveillance systems have been developed to protect our homes. Security systems have become an important part of modern life. New home builders are embracing smart home technology and are integrating it into their construction. Users are looking to integrate their smart home devices into a comprehensive system.
What is an integrated home security system?
An integrated home security system is a multilayered home security network that connects a variety of components. It uses a combination of security products (glass break sensors, window sensors, motion detectors, access control, home automation, fire and smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, security cameras, 24/7 alarm monitoring) to optimize your home’s safety. It’s the perfect tool for surveillance, monitoring, managing, and protecting your home and family. This security system acts as a hub, allowing you to integrate and seamlessly operate all your automated systems from one place.
Components of an Integrated Security System
Components of an integrated security system vary depending upon your requirements. The following are the key elements of most integrated systems.
- Security camera: This component enables live-stream footage remotely and sends a notification when the camera detects movement, people or packages.
- Motion sensor: Usually placed in the main entryway on the ground floor of a home, this component detects motion and alerts the system.
- Entry sensor: This contact sensor is placed on a window and/or door and senses if that entry point is opened. Entry sensors are suggested for all windows and doors on the ground floor.
- Glass break sensor: This sensor detects the sound of glass breaking and alerts via mobile notification.
- Smart locks allow keyless entry to your home via an app. Options include proximity unlocking with your smartphone, remote unlocking with your smartphone, custom code numbers for anyone who needs to enter your home, voice commands, and touch or fingerprint recognition.
- Video doorbells have a camera that livestreams what it captures, sending notifications to your mobile device and showing a live feed of whoever is waiting on your doorstep.
- Control panel: This device is used to activate and deactivate monitors. Your control panel is the central station for your entire security system, so it’s the most important piece of equipment in the system.
- Smartphone access allows you to control and view your home security system from your phone or another wireless device.
- 24/7 professional monitoring: An alarm goes to the company’s monitoring center where it is determined whether emergency services are required. If needed, the monitoring center contacts the appropriate dispatch center (fire, police, ambulance).
Benefits of an integrated security system:
There are a number of advantages to integrating your system.
- Individualized solutions: One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to home security. An integrated security system gives you the flexibility to incorporate exactly what you need.
- Ease of use: Manage all aspects and all access from one place through one program, usually remotely via an app on your smartphone.
- Safety: An integrated security system means better protection for your home and family.
By integrating your home security system, you’ll enjoy full access and control of your home’s security from anywhere in the world! Users can quickly see an alert, pull up a camera, delete a user or check an access log from their phone. Take advantage of the integrated security systems that have been developed. Protect your home and family. Install an integrated system today.
Interested in an integrated security system? Curious about smart home automation? Contact SMART | Home Security. We’re a Calgary-based company partnering with TELUS, Canada’s leading provider of advanced home security systems. Call us at 587-800-1542. We’ll help you develop a customized home security plan.