Advanced technology is shaping the way we protect our property. Keeping an eye on your home (when in residence or when you’re away) has never been easier. There are some incredible components associated with home automation, many of which are incorporated into smart security systems (smart doorbells, smart locks, smart cameras, smart lights, smart smoke alarms, etc.).
What is Smart Home Automation?
Smart home automation is the automatic control of electronic devices in and around your home. A system can monitor and/or control home attributes such as lighting, climate, entertainment technology, and appliances. It may also include home security such as access control and alarm systems (cameras, sensors, touch panels, video doorbells, etc.). Smart home automation allows homeowners to control the security of their home from a mobile device anywhere in the world. It makes life more convenient, can save you money on heating, cooling and electricity bills and (best of all) helps improve the security of your property.
Automated Home Security Systems Work on Three Levels:
- Monitoring means that users can check on their devices remotely through the use of an app. One example; you could view the live feed from a smart security camera.
- Control means that the homeowner can control devices remotely, like panning a security camera to see more of the living space.
- Automation means devices are set up to trigger one another, like having a smart siren go off whenever an armed security camera detects motion.
The Security Benefits of Home Automation:
Home automation provides a number of security benefits to homeowners.
- Remotely control your home’s security system, lights, locks and thermostat.
- Arm, disarm and check the status of your security system on your smartphone or tablet.
- View live feeds of what is happening at your home and receive video and picture notifications on your web-enabled devices.
- Lock and unlock your doors using a dedicated app from anywhere with internet access.
With so many smart devices on the market, there’s no limit to what you can automate in your home, making your life safer and more convenient than ever before! If you’re considering automated home security, look to the professionals for help. They have the knowledge, skills and experience to help you install the home security system that’s right for you. From keeping an eye on your children and/or pets to watching your porch for deliveries, home automation helps you monitor what matters most.
Interested in an automated home security system? Need help making sense of all the possibilities of home automation? Contact SMART | Home Security. We’re a Calgary-based company partnering with ADT by TELUS, Canada’s leading provider for advanced home security systems. Call us at 587-800-1542. We’ll help you develop a customized home security plan.